Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Saturday, January 6, 2018

18 December 2017 Letter















Merry Christmas week!

It has been a great week! Some of the highlights included making contact with a former investigator again that we dropped at the beginning of last transfer, Melody. She just needed some space for a while, and apparently it was a sufficient amount of time because when we "ran into her" at an activity with the youth, she was happy to see us and said that we can start visiting again. She came to church on Sunday! We are hopeful to put on date for baptism when we visit her this week so that she can start progressing toward that again. That was a huge miracle. 

Piripi, our 11 year old investigator came to church again and is on track to be baptised on January 6th.

I think the main thing we need to focus on now is his inactive mum, Tracy, and helping her understand the part she will need to play in helping him keep his baptismal covenant.

Sister Haretuku and I had a wonderful companionship inventory this week where we figured out how we can have better communication in our companionship and help each other to be happy. I am grateful for her humility and willingness work through challenges and to work smart.
 
Things are good and we have been able to receive a few referrals from members lately too, which is awesome! We love doing the "member lesson" with them, which means we do a role play with them pretending to be one of their friends who doesn't have the gospel. It helps them see that their friends and family really would benefit from hearing even a simple principle of the gospel.

Well, out of time, have a Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Love,
Sister Pace

Also, thank you so so so so so so much for the package! Sister Haretuku and  I opened our socks and love them! You are so cute and give the best gifts! I especially love the "sisters of Zion" necklace you sent, so pretty! I am saving the other wrapped things for Christmas:) I love the disposable cookbook too! I have been needing one of those! Sister Yuen is jealous and wants one too, I will have to see if I can photocopy one. You are both the best of the best. Expect a Christmas card in the mail soon I am sending it today.  I want to send a package too but might not be for a couple weeks. Love and appreciate you both SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Pictures:
1- (above) Evone's kids and I:  the royal family
2- Cooma
3- a picture in a picture:)
4- after getting caught in a down pour
5-6 - with Sister Haretuku
7- We got special permission to go visit a member, Grace, from Ginninderra ward that I taught when I was there. We went with Sister Loney and then two other members, Joy and her daughter Pristine came by when we were there so it was a happy reunion:)
8- Cooma!









No comments:

Post a Comment