Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, January 7, 2018

8 January 2018 Letter















This week was a stressful one, but also an amazing one. We spent a lot of time in doing the necessary things to happen before Melody's baptism. The situation got stressful when the last few lessons kept getting delayed by Satan. On Friday, the day before the baptism, we went around with the Anderson's, so they could help us teach her the last lesson. Melody was angry because we still had another lesson to complete before her interview. She thought we didn't trust that she could be baptized and that is why we had to do more lessons. She wanted to call it off for a minute there and we were just praying and praying to know what to do and say because she seemed inconsolable and I didn't even know what to do.

I now have a firm testimony of the power of prayer. I know that we were not the only ones praying for her, both then and the whole day leading up to the visit, to be able to overcome the last few obstacles Satan would put in her path to do all he could to keep her from being baptized. All the prayers worked because we just continued to love her and comfort her, then eventually she calmed down and let us finish the last lesson. I know that it only happened because she was ready and Heavenly Father knew she was, so he gave all of us the words to say.

It is such a privilege to get to be the instruments in The Lord's hands to bring about His great work. I feel so blessed that He has allowed Sister Haretuku and I to take part in miracles every day! He is so good to us!

I found out yesterday morning that I am being transferred:(  I am sad to leave, but Both Sister H and I were expecting it. I also feel excited to start another adventure and grateful that Heavenly Father blessed us with a HUGE miracle to finish my experience here. Don't know where I am going yet so stay tuned.

Melody is so solid and I am so excited to hear about the blessings that will continue to come into her life and to her kids from being baptized.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve in Canberra again, especially in Tuggeranong ward, which really grew on me and now I am so sad to say goodbye. I am also so grateful for the privilege of serving with and learning from Sister Haretuku. She has really helped me realize more of my full potential this past transfer.

I am excited for whatever the coming transfers bring!

Love,
Sister Pace






















Some of my favorite members: 
Ernest and Lola:

Sister Tan:



Melody's Baptism:





No comments:

Post a Comment