Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, July 23, 2018

Saying "Good-bye" to the Australia Sydney South Mission

  "On Sunday night (April 1, 2018),  Sisters Howard and Sio came to us from Merrimbula.  Sister Howard went through her suitcase for probably the 10th time, trying to get rid of more things to get to 50 lbs.  The next morning, we said goodbye to Sisters Namolo and Sio then drove to Sydney with no GPS, which was not a good idea. Sis. Howard thought she knew the way, which she kind of did until the end when we got lost.  Thanks to talking to the A.P's and Sis. Sio, we eventually got there when they were starting the self-reliance training.  It was Elder & Sis. Bott and Elder & Sis. Jenkins.  It was really good and really long: 9am-4pm with lots of food breaks.  It was really good to talk about the concerns and dreams we all have after our missions, and how we can overcome obstacles in achieving them.  It made me realize that life will not usually be smooth sailing, but God's promised blessings are sure when we keep his commandments.And we will continue to find ourselves as we put Him first in the rest of our lives, just as we have in our missions.  I also feel more confident now about just starting on a major I feel good about and then Heavenly Father will let me know if I need to change my route.  They showed us the Mormon message from Elder Bednar's talk on comparing personal revelation to light.  How rarely does it come as quick as flipping on a switch.  More often it is like a sunrise.  And probably most often for most people it is like a foggy day where Heavenly Father gives us just enough light to be able to take a few steps forward and that is how He illuminates our path.  We need to have faith to take those steps, though, so He can continue guiding us.  All the leavers were:  myself, Sisters: Chan, Chung, Aloua, Ockey, Meyer, Howard, Yuen, Nisson, and Elder Joseph.  That night Sister Howard and I got to go with Sis. Sumaribos and her greenie, Sis. Barasan.  I love Filipanas.  We got to see Sis. Heather Orrock.  She was in Mittagong when I was there, but had a fall and had to move to a nursing home close to her niece in Mortdale.  She generally remembered me and was hoping to see me before I leave.  She is so sweet and looking pretty well for 92.  I'm so glad I had that chance.  Later we went to their MCM and had dinner with their WML's family.  Turns out he is Bro. Messima's (from Dapto) brother.  He is hilarious.


  .

[Note:  President Leota has been filling in as mission president since President Bingham's recent bicycle accident which left him paralyzed due to a severe neck injury.  President Bingham has a long, slow, recovery ahead, and is recuperating back in the United States.  The Sydney North and South Missions will be combined into the Australia Sydney Mission in July with a new mission president soon to be called.]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment