Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, July 23, 2018

Home Again!

 Jessica, AnneMarie, Veronica, Vincent, Danna, Bruce and Josy came to meet us at the airport when we arrived at 11:55 pm on April 26th, the same time we left, New Zealand time!. . .
"So coming home was amazing.  Just spending all of last weekend with my family, every single sibling, was the best thing.  We played games, took family pics, went shooting on Garrett's birthday, I got to cuddle with and have good talks with Lyndsi and Jessica, spend quality time with Garrett's kids, especially Vincent and Bruce.  They are all so much more mature now.  They are so loving, too.







  










When I first saw Josy at family pictures, she runs up to me and says, 'Emmalynn, I missed you so much!" I didn't even know she could talk, or even remember me.  Also, Bruce told me 2 or 3 times last Sunday, 'Emmalynn, you are the best!"  They are so validating and so talkative!
My homecoming talk on strengthening the family through Christ centered actvities went well although I cried throughout basically the whole thing (embarrassing!).  I felt like I was able to cover the topic and illustrate with lots of experiences, especially from my mission.  After, a lot of Mom and Dad's neighbors and ward members came over, which was so nice.
 5/6/18: Today I got called to be a ward missionary for 5 weeks, which I'm excited about. I also got a ministering assignment. . . ."


 This really has been the trip of a lifetime, truly fabulous in every way.  We are so grateful for the opportunity Emmalynn has had to serve the Lord in Australia, grateful for the wonderful experiences she has had, and now we are so grateful to have her back home as she prepares for her next adventures.  We feel truly blessed!]


No comments:

Post a Comment