Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, March 25, 2018

26 March 2018


As usual  I have no time, but President Leota asked all the leavers to send him spiritual experiences and changing experiences from our missions so here it is:

Dear President Leota,

Thank you so much for your advice and counsel in our closing interview. I really feel, now, that I will still have a purpose when  I return home, and that the best is yet to come when I keep setting and working towards worthy goals. This week has been great and I really enjoyed learning from Sister Simon and Sister Mata'u on trade-offs. Getting to serve with amazing people and become their friend has been one of my favorite parts of my missionary experience.

Reflecting back on my mission, I feel so grateful for the changes in myself I have seen. I am a much more confident person now, because  I understand that to have hope and confidence, my faith should not be in myself , but in my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. They are the ones that have blessed me with success and joy throughout my mission. They are the ones who will continue to bless me with these things the rest of my life when I continue to lose my life for His sake and His gospel. Then I will continue finding myself.

I am eternally grateful for the difficult experiences I have had on my mission:

When some of my beloved companions and I have had to work hard to be unified with one another because it did not just come naturally form the get-go.  These experiences have taught me how to be more humble and patient.

When I have had to overcome pride and awkwardness and just open my mouth to invite someone to hear my message, even when I don't think they will be willing to accept or even be kind to me.

When I have had to exert all my energy to pray WITH FAITH for someone who is struggling on their journey.

One of these experiences stands out, when an investigator was struggling a lot in the week before her baptism to have the faith to follow through with her commitment. Sister Haretuku and I prayed with more energy and faith than we ever had before that she would be able to overcome the discouragement she felt and be able to receive the great blessing of baptism. Heavenly Father then used us and others as instruments in His hands to bring about a miracle. I now know that Heavenly Father really does answer our righteous prayers because our desires will not be anything against His will.

Other experiences that stand out are the times when I have witnessed the suffering of some of my brothers and sisters. From an unexpected accident, an unfair situation, an on-going sickness, or a plethora of other trials. Being able to put myself in their place the best I could and testify to them that Jesus Christ lives and He has already paid the price, has deepened my understanding of His Atonement and incomprehensible love for each of us. I have witnessed these trails either harden people, or humble them to more fully rely on His grace. I now know that our trials are always opportunities for us to grow closer to Him so He can help us become better than we were before.

All these experiences and many more, have helped me personally to get to know Him better. I am so grateful for that. I now have a stronger testimony that He is there and that the fullness of His gospel has been restored to Earth again today so that we can all enjoy and benefit from the goodness that it brings to everyday life and to our families.

Thank you for serving with me and leading me and the mission to bring about a marvelous work! I know it is true! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Sister Pace

pics:
1- (above)  finally remembered to take a picture with one of our investigators. This is Tara! She is 17 and Persian. She is so cool.

2-last p-day. Board games with the district. My district is so competitive!
 3- Sister Simon (Melbourne, Australia)  made me breakfast on trade-offs!


 4- trade-off with Sister Mata'u (Samoa) <3


1 comment:

  1. Buy cute and modest sister missionary clothing at http://www.sistermissionaryclothes.com

    ReplyDelete