Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, August 27, 2017


 Dear family and friends,

We had such a great week with zone conference and trade-off's with the Wollongong sisters!

I got to do a trade-off with sister Pa'asi from Queensland, but originally Tonga. She came out the same time as Sister Parungo and is doing so well for only being here for 5 weeks! She is already such a natural at teaching and opening her mouth. We had a goal that day to follow the promptings of the Holy ghost 100% and not even let one pass us by. It was so cool to do. There were a few times when I had the thought, but we were already a little ways down the street before I decided that we needed to go back and talk to them. On one of these occasions, we met a really cool woman named Simone who seems prepared to receive the gospel and said the sisters can go back to teach her family! Sometimes it's exhausting, but I know now that as we follow EVERY prompting, Heavenly Father trusts us enough to put His elect in our path.

I also learned what I think Heavenly Father wanted me to learn from Zone Conference about humility, seeking a reward not here, but in Heaven, and about the Word of Wisdom and how I should nurture my body better. President and Sister Bingham are so inspired to know what Heavenly Father wants  me to know to help me become more successful.

It was a cool experience to hear Patrice speak at a recent convert fireside yesterday. It was actually a miracle because she has never spoken in church before, so  I was so impressed that she had the courage to speak in front of so many more than she is used to at our tiny Mittagong Branch. She said that she was feeling super nervous up until the time that she stood up to speak, but then "something else kicked in" She recognizes that it was the spirit so I think it was a testimony building experience for her:) I also got to see Sister Sumaribos there, which was a surprise for her. It was so fun!

We have a new investigator this week named Jessica! sometimes when planning for her, I will refer to her as Jethica or Jessenia, some of the nick names I have for my sister:) She seems solid. She has a young family of a husband and two little girls. They are really good people and you can tell that she really wants to know the truth, so we are excited  to see how she goes with the Book of Mormon.

Overall, it was a great week and the time is flying. I am excited to spend the entire week in our area with Sister Parungo this week. Especially if it is my last one here in Mittagong:( It will be interesting to see what transfers bring. Pray for president to continue to be inspired!

Have a great week! Love you all!

Sister Pace

Pictures above:  Kangaroos! / and Most of the Sisters in my zone at zone conference!


Trade-offs in Wollongong with Sister Pa'asi!

We met up with the other sisters for dinner after our trade-off, and a high school marching band started playing some jams behind us, which was cool.  I felt like I was back at Foothill again!

Kasama (companion) and I:

Tree climbin'

Recent Convert Fireside in Villawood!

Zone Conference with Sisters Parungo, Bingham, Yuson, and Pa'asi.  We had it next to a really pretty river in Nowra.













No comments:

Post a Comment