Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Back in Canberra! 5 September 2017 Letter


Hello all!

What a crazy week it has been! Especially because I got transferred BACK TO CANBERRA! I was completely expecting to get transferred, but Canberra is the last place  I expected to go. I am so so excited though! I am in Tuggeranong Ward this time (South side) with Sister Monilla (pronounced Monilia), who is from the Philippines and Saudi Arabia! She was sister Ockey's trainee, so this is her 3rd transfer in the mission. And Sister Ockey is now in Sydney with Sister Sumaribos, which is funny because we basically just switched Filipinas! Sister Monilla is SO COOL. She is really fun, sweet, sassy, and already a natural at finding and teaching, even just after 2 transfers. A lot of exciting things are happening here in Tuggereanong Ward and I am so excited for everything! I will attach what I wrote to President because it shows how I feel about everything:

"Dear President and Sister Bingham,
It seems like the past week has flown by, as most weeks do, but especially because of the end of the transfer. I am so so grateful I had the great privilege of serving in the Mittagong Branch. What a blessing it has been to my life from the area, the companions I had, the loving branch members, and the incredible people I was able to work with and teach. My testimony has been strengthened immensely there and I am so grateful for that.

I was very surprised to hear that I would be returning to Canberra, South side this time! I am so excited for another opportunity to be here though! It's as if I get a re-try because the first time I was here, I was just figuring out how to be a missionary. I am excited to apply the many things I have learned in the past 6 months to the work in Tuggeranong Ward.

Also, Sister Monilla is the best! I'm so lucky I get to work with all the Filipinas! She is such a natural at missionary work after only 2 transfers! I know there is a lot I will be able to learn from her. She is doing great leading out the area. Thank you for the opportunity to serve in this area. I am excited to see what Heavenly Father has in store for it! Love you both, have a great week!"

I was super sad to leave Sister Parungo. She has been the best and has grown so much in the past transfer. She has a great new comp though and they will do great things in Mittagong.

Last week in Mittagong, we got bikes, which was fun, but we made the mistake of biking 15 K's from the bus station in one suburb, to another suburb called Buxton, which is in the real "bush" , to try to save K's on our car. Just so everyone knows, 15 K's takes roughly 2-3 hours on bike with windy, steep hills. I couldn't help but just laugh the whole time at our getting ourselves into that situation. we all have our blonde moments and this was a huge one for me. It was cool to see though, that I was able to stay positive throughout the whole ride, even when  I felt a little discouraged. At the beginning of my mission, I probably would not have been able to be as positive and patient in that situation.

That was the only rough day of the week. I was so sad to say good bye to Mittagong Branch, especially Patrice and Sister Snell, I will really miss them. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve there for 6 months.

Love you all, have a great week. And happy Father's Day again to my awesome Dad, because Sunday was Father's Day in Australia!

Love,

Sister Pace

video: when we found a pony on our long pilgrimage biking to Buxton lol. (didn't come through)
pic: pretty sure I would be a horrible baseball player based on this pic.​
Finally got a pic in front of the Bowral sign:

Sister Monilla and I in my new flat!  We also have flat-mates, which I am super excited about!  It has been too long:


Lots or beautiful blossoms are in bloom because it's Spring! I love it, except for the fact that it means summer is coming...:

We got bikes last week and had fun with them! I finally felt like a "real missionary", haha. The simple joys:



No comments:

Post a Comment