Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, July 24, 2017

25 July 2017 Letter

Dear President,

We have had a great week in Mittagong, with finding several new potential investigators we are excited about. Also, thank you for allowing us to attend the temple! It was my first time doing an endowment session in 8 months and I felt so refreshed and full of joy and hope after! I LOVE the temple and coming on my mission has really helped me appreciate more it's great importance.

I was sad to hear that Sister Sumaribos was leaving me, but we both knew it was time and are ready for the new adventures ahead. I'm so grateful I had the chance to be her companion for three transfers because I learned so much from her!

Thank you for the opportunity to train a new missionary. I am exciting and nervous about this, but, like you said, I know that if I rely on the Savior and seek His spirit, I will be more than alright, and it will be a wonderful learning experience for both of us.

It has been great to spend a day with Sister Yuson and hear about her previous training experiences and learn from that.

I love you both. Thank you for your inspiring and motivating weekly letter. Have a great week!!
Love,
Sister Pace

Well the letter  I sent to President, pretty much sums up my week. On Tuesday, we got to go to the temple with Sister Mackey for the stake Relief Society temple trip, and take some names through for another member, Sister Gane. It was the best!

On Saturday after deep cleaning our flat, we got a call confirming what we were both feeling: Sister Sumaribos would be transferred:( It has been so great to be with her and it will be an adjustment because we really had a good system going for everything.

The past couple days, I have been in Wollongong area with Sister Yuson, (from the same island in Philippines as Sis Sumaribos) while we wait for our trainees to get here! Pray for me! We take the train up to Sydney later today for a training meeting and then the new missionaries come tomorrow. I'm going to be a mom (in missionary terms)! I pray that I can be able to handle this new adventure and be a loving and adequate trainer and companion to whoever she is!

Lately, I have been realizing how much the Book of Mormon was really written for OUR day. I am reading in the early chapters of Alma and it is really about missionary work today. Especially in Australia with the hardness of the people's hearts and the incorrectness of the traditions of their fathers. But it helps me understand the promises, gifts, and guidance that are available to me and all of us as missionaries and members and faithful followers of Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father speaks directly to me every time I read the Book of Mormon! So cool! Read your BOM every day this week with me! He will guide, inspire, uplift, and bless us!

Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Pace

ps- I'll send more pics next week bet the Wollongong library computers are SO SLOW.

Photo above:   Just Jesus.  I had fun getting to walk, bus, and train around in Wollongong yesterday with Sister Yuson!


Below: I made a flag cake for our last district P-day because our district P-day was meant to be on the 4th of July. Happy Pioneer Day! (Just zoom into Elder Kenworthy's face in the background. Too good.)

The cakes I made for Elders Stott and Paie for our last district meeting before they go home.  We later smashed these in their faces:

At the temple with Sister Mackey:

Volunteering at ParkRun on Saturday morning. It's a community 5K that happens every Saturday in a lot of places in Australia:

No comments:

Post a Comment