Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, October 8, 2017

9 October 2017 Letter


Hello familia and friends! Hope everyone had a great week! It was a wonderful one for us.

We got to visit an investigator, Evone, whom I hadn't met until this week because she wasn't responding to our calls/texts. We decided to drop in and had a wonderful visit where we talked about her desire for baptism and how ready she feels she is. She does have the desire and believes the Book of Mormon is true, which is awesome. We visited her again this week with the plan to set a baptismal date she can work towards. Our lesson didn't go to plan because her partner Kwadjo came in and asked if he could join. He has known a lot of Mormons over the years and wanted to know what makes us different from any other religion. So we taught about the restoration of the gospel and the Book of Mormon. Kwadjo was blown away be everything we were telling him because he is very knowledgeable about the Bible and historical events. He says that he completely believes that there needed to be a total restoration of the true gospel and that it makes sense that the BOM is to prepare us in these last days for the second coming of the Messiah! It was so cool to teach someone what it seems like they have been waiting to hear for a long time! After the lesson, Sister Monilla says: "Jo will be baptised!" and I agree.

That was the big miracle this week, besides conference which was, as always, a greatly needed feast of personal revelation. I can’t wait to go back and study the talks because I felt like I couldn't take it all in fast enough!

Simone is still facing random different trails and sicknesses that are making life difficult for her, but she is doing well and will get there soon.

One last funny thing that happened this week: On Wednesday, I did a trade-off with Sister Yuen, one of the Sister Training Leaders here. Sister Monilla and I had planned to sing at a nursing home that day. We decided that I would go with Sister Yuen. She plays the piano really well, which is great, but it meant that I would be singing by myself, which is fine because I was only expecting maybe 10 people in a small room. When we get there, they led us into a big room with 25 to 30 residents seated in rows, waiting for our performance. Then they hand me a microphone, so everyone can hear me. I was thinking, "I hope they aren't expecting me to be pro!" Despite my shakiness and our lack of preparation, it went pretty well just singing primary songs and hymns, the residents seemed to enjoy it anyway, haha. The whole thing was just so funny. Especially when they started requesting Irish folk songs at the end for us to prepare for next time. That should be interesting, haha.

Hope everyone has a great week! Love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Pace

Pictures:
 Trade-off with Sister Yuen from Hong Kong!  She is the best!

After General Conference with Elizabeth Litchwark and Ilene Bradford:


Us on the Ferris Wheel:


Last p-day we went to Floriade, a flower festival in Canberra! Not as good as the tulip gardens in Holland, but still beautiful! We rode on the Ferris Wheel and slid down a big slide in our skirts. So fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment