Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, October 2, 2017

3 October 2017 Letter


Well, today is my sister Jessica's birthday if you didn't know, so go wish her a happy birthday!

I am so sad to hear about the shooting, but so relieved to hear that my family was not involved.  I was a little nervous when one of our investigators, cutting our hair this morning, told us how bad it was.  That is shocking, especially about the boy in the stake. I feel like I might recognize him, but I can't put a face to the name right now. His family and everyone is in my prayers.

I hope everyone enjoyed conference! The General Women's Session was great, so I'm so excited for the rest next weekend. I went to the women's session with the question of "how can  I keep my testimony strong and immovable when it is being attacked every day by people around me who seem well educated or well meaning?" I wasn't getting an answer until the very end of President Uchtdorf's talk where he talked about hanging on to the iron rod (the Book of Mormon) even when you have already partaken of the love of God, but the voices from the great and spacious building begin to sway you. It was the answer I already knew, but hearing it come from a prophet of God strengthened my testimony that these men really are called of God and that God knows me and has answers specifically for me. So cool! GO watch his talk if you haven't!

This week we have been visiting our investigator Simone every day to share lessons with her or just read the BOM with her while she is working to quit smoking. Unfortunately, she keeps facing different trials and sicknesses that are making her progression slow, probably because Satan doesn't want to her to make this wonderful step in her life of being baptized . She is progressing though, she has gotten down to one smoke a day, and I think she will be able to quit completely in no time! We are just going to keep loving her and praying for her.

We were a little sad to see that none of our investigators made it to church on Sunday, but there were still miracles because a couple in our ward, who is semi-active, but never comes to anything besides sacrament meeting, came to gospel doctrine class after we had a lesson with them this week and invited them to! That was a tender mercy.

Besides that, we are going to work harder to find new investigators this week, because we have not had many lately.

Sister Monilla feels back to normal this week which is also a huge blessing.  Thanks for your prayers! She says she loves you guys!

Well, I'm out of time, but I'm glad everyone is safe and hope everyone is well!  I am always praying for you guys!

Love,
Sister Pace


The bird pics are from Sister Frost's house. She is the stake relief society president and has cool pets.










No comments:

Post a Comment