Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, September 17, 2017


Hello loved ones!

So many things have happened this week. On Thursday night, Sister Monilla and I were driving home and saw a bunch of ambulances surrounding a car that had just wrapped itself around a tree. Sister Monilla said a prayer right after we passed the accident. The next morning, we saw that Brother Sambono, a member in our ward texted us at 3am informing us that his son, Saul, had been in a bad car accident and if we could find some Elders to give him a priesthood blessing, and come to the hospital to support Saul's wife, Victoria. We went to the hospital and after verifying that it was the same crash, we helped them locate where the accident happened and found his phone on the ground. I'm glad that we were able to be of some help, but I wish we could have done more for them. We are going to keep visiting them throughout the week for comfort and support. It was an eye opening experience for me. They don't know how the accident happened because Saul is still unconscious, but it made me realize how fragile life is and we can't take our loved ones for granted.

The work has been good this week. We are trying to find new investigators as we help our current ones to progress.

We are starting the 15 step stop smoking program with our investigator, Simone on Wednesday. She has already gone down from 15 cigarettes a day to 2, so that is a huge improvement, but she is struggling to let it go completely. We think the program will be what she needs to quit completely. She is on date for baptism on the 30th of September. We are going to move it back to the 7th of October, so she has time to get it out of her system completely, but we feel that she can for sure be ready by then.

We were not able to visit Cooma (our far area) this week to visit our part member families we are working with, but we are excited to go twice this week and help our investigators to progress!

We had zone conference on Thursday where the Book of Mormon, and teaching from it was stressed a lot. I got called upon to share an experience of an investigator gaining a testimony of the BOM. So I shared about Patrice and how as she consistently read it, her testimony came so strongly.

I am realizing how little time I have left to serve with all my heart might, mind, and strength and I feel anxious to try new finding ways and really fulfil what we have been called to this area to fulfil. So, we are going to brainstorm different ways and hopefully find some solid new investigators.

Love you all!

Sister Pace

Photos #1-4:  War Memorial in Canberra (for the 2nd time).  If you zoom, you will see that we found a Pace that I am probably not related to.



 #5:  Zone Conference with Sister Zobell from my last zone, and my cute companion, Sister Monilla:)
#6: At the Stake Music Fireside with Grace, and Paita from Ginninderra Ward (my first area)!          



No comments:

Post a Comment