Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, December 5, 2016

Fun Week


Well we saw some miracles this week. Mostly with being able to get in contact with some less active members we have been trying to meet for a while. One of them was really cool. We went to a less active woman's home and she wasn't there but her daughter Melanie was. Apparently she had a bad experience with a man telling her that her mom was going to hell because she’s a Mormon. She was saying how religions shouldn't be that way to other religions. We had a good chat with her about how we agree and we are very supportive of all religions, that we only seek to add to people's faith not take away from it. She liked what we were saying and thought we were kind so she went to a ward party with us and then to church the next day too! She seemed to enjoy them both and we have our first lesson with her on Tuesday! Miracle.
The Tongans are making me fat! We eat with a lot of Tongan families because both my companions speak Tongan. They load up your plate and you feel obligated to eat all of it. It’s actually pretty easy for me which is bad. I was meant for this kind of life haha. They eat so much meat though. We had four different types of meat in one meal. It makes sense now why Sis. Fotu, my Tongan Companion, only ever wants to eat meat.
This week is Sis Rollins' last week :( Sister Fotu and I are "killing her" and she goes home to AZ soon. It will be different and probably kind of lonely with just one companion now. I will miss her.
Another funny experience this past week is that I have gotten flipped off while driving at least twice. One lady was crazy and evil looking! My companions and I laugh about it all the time now. I'm not that bad, I swear. Some people just can’t endure even a half second delay. It’s quite comical. Besides driving, I have found most people to be really nice here!
Well I’m running out of time but I love being on my mission. I love getting to share my testimony with lots of people every day. I know that Christ lives for us and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is his true church restored to the earth. Christmas is our special time to focus and learn about Him and why he was born. He lived and died for us and I am so grateful for that!
Love,
Sis. Pace



To answer your questions. I think that was a Huntsman spider. They aren't dangerous, they eat other spiders so I guess they're good but they still creep me out! Apparently they can get to the size of a dinner plate! It's gone now which is even scarier. I like knowing where it is. Both Sisters Rollins (Gilbert AZ) and Fotu (Tonga) are still my companions, but this is Sister Rollins' last week of her mission so it will just be Sister Fotu and I after that until the end of the transfer (Dec 24), and then I’m assuming we'll still be companions for at least another transfer because I’m still training. Our flat is in Scullin, as suburb or something of Canberra, and the chapel is in Lyneham. We travel a lot, especially being in two wards. Thank goodness for our car! Our district has four other companionships of Elders who serve in the same wards we do. The Canberra zone has two districts. I don't know the missionaries in the other district too well yet. The Elders in our's are cool though. two of them speak Chinese and one Samoan. The only one who was called just English speaking is the only one who is not white haha. He’s from the Philippines and we're the only ones who are just English speaking. Even both of my companions are Tongan speaking, so I’m picking up a few Tongan words. I love the companionship! They are so fun and patient with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment