Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, December 12, 2016

Merry Christmas Bedford Falls!


Sister Rollins left this week :( Now our trio's down to two as Timone says. We already miss her and it’s a little lonelier now but I think it will be better for teaching if there are just two of us because its less intimidating. It's also forcing me to have more one on one conversations with people and ward members so I am becoming better friends with them. She is actually coming back to Canberra today with her parents! so we get to meet them and we'll go see kangaroos later, yayyyy! I've only seen them from afar, pictures to come.
This week flew by. We had so many appointments which was good, and Sister Rollins wanted to say goodbye to some people. One of the week highlights was zone conference. Where our mission president and his wife came to teach us, along with their assistants. They taught on obedience and working with members. I liked the working with members part because it really is so much easier to find those who are prepared to receive the gospel and keep them strong in the church after baptism if they already have a support system and friend through a member. I encourage everyone to pray to know which of your friends/family members is prepared and then have the courage to invite them to come closer to Christ. It will bless their life so much as it has blessed yours!
This week I have really felt God's love for me and for everyone I have been able to meet. I know that he loves each one of us unconditionally because we are His children and He wants us back with Him after this life! That is why He has provided a Savior for us, to make up for all our mistakes or just all the yucky things that happen in life. When we turn to our Savior Jesus Christ, He will make us better and we will always be good enough.
I'm glad that we have this Christmas season to celebrate and build faith in Him and what He has done for us. Me and Sister Fotu jam out to our Christmas playlist 24/7 even though none of the songs are super jammy haha. I need some Mariah Carey in my life. I always want to yell "Merry Christmas Bedford Falls!" when we street contact but my companion has never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" so it doesn't seem right.
Our golden potential investigator Melanie from last week didn't come to church this week because I guess she found another church she wants to go to instead. we are a little confused because our lesson with her on Tuesday seemed to go really well. Hopefully she'll let us schedule another lesson with her still and we can find out what she needs. Her less active mom came though which is great. Besides that, we are mostly just trying to find more potential investigators because we usually work too much with less actives.
Well, I’m running out of time but I love you all and hope this week is a great one! I know it can be if you make it so!
Love,
Sister Pace

Photos:
1.  Canberra Zone, Australia Sydney South Mission
2 & 3- The Loney's are my favorite family in our wards. He's the ward mission leader and she's basically the assistant ward mission leader. These are their cute boys.
4- Wyman! Our miracle investigator we had to pass onto the Chinese Elders.
5- Melanie!
6. Sister Kickert is a congresswomen in Belconnen ward who always goes on splits with us.
 





1 comment:

  1. These are truly nice photos. I am truly in love with the photos from the celebration event. Looking forward to more such details here. I also will be hosting the grand party for the office Christmas celebrations at the local event space NYC. Everyone is super excited because it will be our first annual Xmas bash.

    ReplyDelete