Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, November 7, 2016

Second Day in the MTC, Thursday, October 27, 2016

Hi family, 

I am safe and sound in the MTC! I was really stressed and nervous yesterday morning before coming here but since I've been here I've felt peaceful and excited. My companions name is Sister Ockey and I loved her from the first minute I met her! I got really lucky because she's great and I think we have different strengths in teaching so I will learn a lot from her. She is from Mapleton and she's a year older than me.
So far the MTC has been a lot of orientation and training. There is another companionship of sisters in my district who are also going to Sydney South but there are three companionships of elders who are going to North Carolina. Everyone in my district is super cool and nice and so are our teachers.I am excited to get more into studying the scriptures because so far it has mostly just been a lot of training. Sister Ockey and I taught a lesson this morning to a mock investigator which went alright. For me, it is hard to get into teaching when I know its not completely real. I really tried to listen to what the Spirit wanted to teach which was a different experience. It will be interesting to learn how to teach completely by the Spirit and just listen to Him and the investigator.
Overall, I am happy and healthy and excited about being a missionary!

Love,

Sister Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment