Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Happy B-day Mom!!!!!!!! 10 April 2017 Letter

(1) Throwing up our Mittagong Branch M's after the Sunday sessions of conference. :)



(2)  Faith in God Activity

Its the 10th in Australia! That means it's my wonderful mother's birthday! I hope that you got my birthday card by now and that you have too much fun celebrating! I love you soooooo much! Also thank you so much for the Easter package! You are the most thoughtful mother on the planet! I shared my American candy (Swedish fish and sour patch) with Elder Crowten, who is obsessed with them and been missing them, so he was happy about that.

This week has been so good! Mostly because of general conference. I went into conference praying to have some questions answered and receive guidance for specific things I struggle with and questions our investigators have had, and I think every single talk answered my questions and spoke peace to my soul in some way! I am so grateful for the organization of the church and especially the restored gospel on the Earth now! A few favorites were President Monson's on the importance of the Book of Mormon, President Ucthdorf's, and Gary B Sabin's about "standing up inside" and being "all in", very applicable to whatever situation you're in. I like how president Uchtdorf said that as God's covenant people, we need not be paralyzed by fear because something bad might happen. We can move forward with faith and trust in the Lord, He is always with us! And because of that,  I can find joy and hope in each and every day!

We have a few new investigators this week! We met a woman named Marie door knocking this week. She immediately let us in to share a message, she is the nicest person I have ever met! She is so stylish and her house looks like a gingerbread house. She was playing scrabble with her grand kids and baking cookies before we came. Basically she is my mom! She is already really Christian which is great, hopefully we can help her understand the importance of the restored gospel. She tried coming to church on Sunday, but there was a miscommunication about time, so hopefully next week for Easter! I have to give a talk and I’m singing in the choir, woohooo!

Another one is Patrice, the daughter of one of our less active members. We are going to start teaching both of them!

The Ragg family is still doing good! There is always a lot going on in their house and sometimes it’s hard to get them all settled down, but we are going slowly but surely! They are planning on coming to Easter Sunday as well!

One of the inactive members, called us this week after we tried to visit and left a note for her. She basically said to quit harassing her and she is calling her lawyer to put an end to it. SO that was a little scary, but that’s what happens when two new sisters get put in the area and don’t know lol. I hope she doesn't sue the church. I was feeling a little down after that, but then  I realized  I was letting Satan win. We can't control the agency of others, but we can always control how we respond to it and feel about it.

There were so many other miracles this week, as there are every week. I am grateful for the companionship of the Holy Ghost whom we learned so much about in conference. When I don't know what to say to people, the Holy Ghost always brings things to my remembrance that are beneficial for them to hear. I am also grateful that my testimony of the restoration and the Book of Mormon have been strengthened so much on my mission. Testifying of these things comes much more naturally and powerfully now. I know the Holy Ghost is with us all the time! I am also grateful for eternal families, especially mine! I loved seeing pictures of Matt and Joanna getting sealed to baby Emerson this week! What a happy day! There is so much to be grateful for, especially the gospel of Jesus Christ! Have a great week all, and to all a good night!

Love,
Sister Pace

(3) The sassy cat that glares at us every time we pull into our driveway.  I die whenever I zoom into his face:

 (4) The Murrin Family, aka the coolest family.  They live outside in the bush in a couple buses and an open kitchen; my kind of life!

(5&6) Mission Olympics:



(7)South Coast Zone Training Meeting:

(8)The Filipinas in my zone.  They are all so cute and tiny!:



 (9)Sisters Samsen (Fiji), Uelese (New Zealand), and Stetson (Arkansas):



(10) P-Day Fun:

(11) Zone Training Meeting:


No comments:

Post a Comment