Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, February 18, 2018

19 February 2018 Letter



Well, what a week it has been. A lot of people have heard the shocking news about President Bingham's bike accident. The last I hear, he is in intensive care somewhere else in Australia and he is paralyzed from the neck down. This was all so random and shocking to hear. I am not sure what Heavenly Father's plan is, all I know is that He has one, and it is better than the plans we all had for our ourselves, even from President and his family. But keep him in your prayers please! Hoping for a miracle.

 I am happy that I at least got to see him the night before it happened as all the sisters in our mission who could got permission to go to a sisters devotional in Prairiewood (Sydney), where we got to hear Sharon Eubank, 1st counselor in the General Relief Society Presidency speak. All of us sister missionaries had the privilege of shaking her hand before the devotional. I was so happy to see so many of my best friends and fellow sisters there, that I have missed. Sister Eubank is awesome and the spirit was felt bountifully:)

The highlight of our week, however, was getting to witness the baptism of Matthew Lloyd. It was a good program with a good turn out from the ward. Matthew was really nervous before the baptism but he said all the butterflies went away when was baptized. He seemed so light and happy after! He was the last to leave the chapel before bishop locked the doors because he was talking to everyone. It is cool to see that he has a huge ward family now, when he doesn't really have any family close by, as his parents have passed away, and his sister lives in Queensland, and He doesn't have one of his own. Sister Monilla and I sang a rendition of Nearer My God to Thee at the baptism. We both are really proud of him making the commitment and feel that he will be a strong, active member, and will be greatly blessed for it throughout the rest of his life and eternity. It was funny to see that Dapto Ward started choir practices for Easter Yesterday and Matthew joined in, he is just part of the family now! We had no idea he sings.

Unfortunately, Sister Monilla is once again being taken away from me too soon. She is probably my best friend and we intend to live with each other again one day:) She has done a lot of good work in Dapto ward and I feel privileged I get to continue it on and continue to see the fruits of our labor for my last transfer. I cannot believe I am in the last 6 weeks of my mission. It feels bitter-sweet. I am excited to do all that I can to accomplish what the Lord has sent me here to do in this last transfer with my new companion!

Love,
Sister Pace

Pictures:  Matthew's Baptism and Confirmation (and Sister Monilla's last Sunday in Dapto):
       Killilea State Park on Zone P-Day:

Sister Meyer from MTC District:

Sister Monilla is my Valentine:
 Zone Conference:

No comments:

Post a Comment